The goal of this workshop is to quickly assemble an interdisciplinary team of scientists, researchers and engineers to begin addressing the following questions:
- How will the response to the COVID-19 impact on the climate system be measured?
- How will the system recover over the next 1-5 years?
- What hypotheses can be tested?
- What measurements can be obtained, leveraged, coordinated to test these hypotheses?
- What are the unique measurements we need to obtain NOW that cannot be obtained once the Earth system begins to revert to its previous condition?
- What are the best methods to extract weather and other variables impacting the system?
- Can COVID impulse and response conditions to/by the Earth System provide discriminating tests for Earth System Models?
What earth science data sets help researchers to establish connections between COVID-19 outcomes and air quality, and to quantify the impact of pandemic mitigation strategies on human health?